COG Club Information
The purpose of the COG Club is to:
- Foster early acquaintance and personal friendships among our newer members.
- Assist in the indoctrination of new Rotarians in the aim, principles and policies of Rotary.
- Develop responsibility among newer members for the club’s service activities
Each COG Club member is requested to complete the following:
- Act as an assistant to the Club Greeter and assist with the distribution of badges.
- Memorize and be able to recite the Four Way Test.
- Become a member of one of the club’s committees; Club Service, Community Service, International Service, Vocational Service or Youth Service. The Club President or COG Club Chairperson can assist
- Attend a Board of Directors’ meeting. The Board of Directors meets at 6:00 P.M. at Ironstone Vineyards on the third Wednesday of each month.
- Attend a Bret Harte Interact Club meeting or a meeting of another Rotary club.
- Attend and participate in a club work project or a club or district function.
- View the Rotary International video Introduction to Rotary. Contact the COG Club chairperson for the video.
- Take meeting attendance for the Attendance Chairperson.
- Explain the procedure for sponsoring a new member to the Membership Development Chairperson.
After you satisfy each of the above and you have been a member of the Angels-Murphys Rotary Club for a minimum of three months, you will have completed your orientation. Advise the COG Club Chairperson when you are complete and you will receive your permanent blue luncheon badge.