Who are Rotarians?
Rotary is made up of people like you...neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a need, unite, and take action to create lasting change across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Solving real problems takes real commitment and vision. For more than 110 years, Rotary's people of action have used their passion, energy, and intelligence to take action on sustainable projects. From literacy and peace to water and health, we are always working to better our world, and we stay committed to the end.
Angels-Murphys Rotary Club Makes Calaveras Better
Rotarians are just ordinary people doing extraordinary things by working together. It’s the original social network for good. What do we do in the community? We raise money and give it to those who strengthen and improve the community. We do hands-on projects that directly improve lives, and we have fun doing it.
We provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through our fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
What we do
Rotary members believe that we have a shared responsibility to take action on our world’s most persistent issues. Our 35,000+ clubs work together to:
- Promote peace
- Fight disease
- Provide clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Save mothers and children
- Support education
- Grow local economies
We work differently
Our multidisciplinary perspective helps us see challenges in unique ways.
- We think differently: We apply leadership and expertise to social issues — and find unique solutions.
- We act responsibly: Our passion and perseverance creates lasting change.
- We make a difference at home and around the world: Our members can be found in Calaveras and across the globe.
It only takes a little bit of your time to make a huge difference in the world. Your involvement will bring value and comfort to the world and tremendous satisfaction for you.
- Bert Lucas President 2019-2020
- Tammy Beilstein President-Elect
- Jerry Lucas Treasurer
- Scott Nanik Secretary
- Jim Bailey Club Service Director
- Donna Stevenson Vocational Service Director
- Andi Adams Community Service Director
- Sabrina Julian Community Service Co-Director
- Paula Cobbett International Service Director
- Brian Goss Youth Service Director
- David Stormont The Rotary Foundation Chair
- Charles Milazzo Membership Chair
- Louie Clark, Sergeant at Arms
- King McPherson, Sergeant at Arms
- Steve Hayward Immediate Past President
Our Local Efforts Impact Lives
Locally and Globally
Our Club's History
The Angels-Murphys Rotary Club was chartered on the 23rd of February 1980 at Tarantino’s Restaurant (later Perko’s, now Hospice Thrift Shop) in Angels Camp. The Arnold Rotary Club sponsored the new club which was lead by Charter President William B. Wolfson. Today only one member remains from the original group of Rotarians who chartered the club, Alan S. Armstrong of Murphys.
- 2018-2019 Steve Hayward
- 2017-2018 Michael Benapfl
- 2016-2017 Linda Specht
- 2015-2016 Sam Matyas
- 2014-2015 Sabrina Julian
- 2013-2014 Meryl Pethan
- 2012-2013 Barbara Larkin
- 2011-2012 Susan Hauer
- 2010-2011 Steve Hayward
- 2009-2010 Jim Bailey
- 2008-2009 Bert Lucas
- 2007-2008 John Brophy
- 2006-2007 Donna Stevenson
- 2005-2006 David Studley
- 2004-2005 Lynda Tusoni
- 2003-2004 Michael Schwartz
- 2002-2003 Larry Byrnes
- 2001-2002 Al Smith
- 2000-2001 Roger La Jeunesse
- 1999-2000 Joe Wilimek
- 1998-1999 Liz Millier
- 1997-1998 Clayre Quick
- 1996-1997 Robert Henkel
- 1995-1996 Bob Watson
- 1994-1995 Chuck Milazzo
- 1993-1994 Chuck Milazzo
- 1992-1993 Dr. Robert Coleman
- 1991-1992 Vaughn Tribble
- 1990-1991 Jay Quick
- 1989-1990 Alan Armstrong
- 1988-1989 Jerry Pezzi
- 1987-1988 Maureen Elliott
- 1986-1987 Keith Howmiller
- 1985-1986 Tony Tyrrell
- 1984-1985 Mearl Lucken
- 1983-1984 Duane Papais
- 1982-1983 Jordon Freitas
- 1981-1982 Al DeNeveu
- 1980-1981 John Weaver
- 1979-1980 Charter President – William B. Wolfson